1.14.2011

Simply Titled : Ashlie


This is Ashlie, my 6 year old niece, looking at Santa with wonder and delight. Certainly questioning why are my parents letting this strange jolly ol' man talk to me about coming to my house. Great Christmas Eve.  Who would have known that Ashlie would  leave this world suddenly but peacefully  Jan. 6, 2011. What wonder and delight she must have had when she entered Heaven!

Although physically limited, this little girl, was so able bodied  to make a difference in the lives of everyone she met. That has been so obvious the past week especially to my brother and his family but also to us. Ashlie was unable to speak,. However, her inner spirit and crooked little smile spoke volumes. Story after story  keep coming in of how each day those around her felt joy and love. Is that not amazing! The gift this child had and shared with others.
Ashlie had a tragic beginning to her sweet life when she suffered a  traumatic brain injury . My brother and sister-in-law ended up crossing her path through life. It was fate. They already had a family. But they opened their arms and adopted Ashlie and gave her a home of love, joy, peace and support. Ashlie became a true princess! What an amazing thing to do for another human being! Give someone unconditional love, as you are, no strings attached.   

Nike Girl told me that when you go to heaven you get to pick out what color of wings you can wear. She and I agreed sweet Ashlie was certainly wearing all pink! 100 % girlie girl! And lookin' good!

Ashlie we are sure you are running, jumping and playing hopscotch in Heaven. You most certainly are singing and talking nonstop. What a sight it has to be! 

Peace.
The "New Balance" Girl





3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness...what a touching post. I'm so sorry for your family's lose. It's so amazing to hear the impact that one life can be to so many people. What a sweet girl...

    God Bless...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read this post a while back,and it has stuck with me. Such a wonderful tribute to your niece. So sorry for your loss, but so happy you were blessed to have her in your life if even for a short time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your sweet words!!! It is hard to believe a month has passed. Even harder to believe is how she touched so many lives. Again, thank you for your kind thoughts. :)

    ReplyDelete