1.02.2012

The Christmas Card

One of my favorite things to do that jump starts the holiday season is to take the girls Christmas pictures by the little group of evergreen trees in our backyard. The trees are Austrlian Pines with soft needles that are photo ready this time of year. So this November, I began planning out the photo shoot. I always feel so rushed to get the cards out on time. This year was going to be punctual with a creative flair  that was a little off the beaten path.
So the weekend after Thanksgiving, they combed their hair and put on some comfortable holiday wear and headed outside. There awaited the much anticipated prop. A gigantic cardboard box wrapped with polka dot paper with a hole in the top. The plan was to stand inside the box, peek their little heads out, then slap a bow on their heads and make it look like they were Christmas presents. The end result was to be a colored coordinated Christmas photo that would be framed and displayed on our mantle during the holiday season for many years to come.
Here is a snapshot journey of another "bright idea" gone wrong.   
Trying to get the light and angle correct. They look confused.

Why did you put this ridiculous thing in my hair?
Oh dear! Weebok!
She's ok! The shoot continues.

The wind picks up to gale force speed.

The paper rips.The bows fly off. The box .....



Tumbles

The plan changed.
Photo shoot over.
So this year the cards were a vision, alright, of something completely different than I had expected. I ended up using three photos that were taken from this autumn and sticking them on a pre-customized card that turned out dark with a yellow tint. Not the creative flair I was going for but still I made the deadline, barely.
All this so friends and family can take a quick look then store them away in a photo album or toss them in the recycling bin.

Here is hoping your Christmas photos were more of a success!

Peace.
The "New Balance" Girl

Running Report:
Still running outside! I can not believe the mild weather. I know it will soon come to an end but I am thankful for the extra days of sunshine as it makes keeping the new year resolutions easier. Go day 2 of healthier food choices and harder workouts!

2 comments:

  1. Funny stuff! Love the last picture - photo shoot over. The Christmas card was good too, although I miss the New Year's "letter" from years past. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness. These are awesome photos! What a creative idea...LOVE this. The last shot is the BEST!

    ReplyDelete