3.29.2010

Just Another Manic Monday

Today was a rather comical day, really, much to my surprise, as it has been 96 hours and counting since our family infirmary opened its doors. ..achoo! Achoo! ACHOO!...we  are....achoo! ...in serious need for a coupon to buy a super sized bottle of the sniffling, sneezing, coughing, aching, stuffy head, fever so you can rest medicine. Nike Girl started the wave following her trip to an indoor arcade with a twenty dollar bill and hours later after risking it all, she resurfaced with 1 plastic necklace, 3 tootsie rolls ,a pencil, and a fever. Then Weebok followed right on her sister's heels, 12 hours later, refusing to be put down out of my arms, while Converse and I battled it out for a too close to call  third place finish.
On the way to the doctor for the third time in 96 hours, (not a typo, I was told it was viral and to wait it out, more on that later) we witnessed something you don't see everyday, nor really want to see. While we are stopped at a busy intersection in the left turn lane, jamming out to the Bangles, we see a fire truck full of 6 firefighters with sirens blaring enter into the intersection and stop, the driver points left and the passenger firefighter points right. I know I didn't see it but I am sure one of the other firefighters was flipping a coin in the backseat and heads won. The firetruck turned left and headed north. Ten seconds later, the fire cheif mobile, comes flying into the intersection and turns right on two wheels heading due south. Ten seconds later, an ambulance came out of nowhere, pulls behind me, blasts the horn, causing me to curse out of reaction in front of my children and veer off to the right, so the ambulance could enter the intersection, stop, and then head straight west. Ten seconds later, as I am profusely apologizing and explaining that cursing is wrong on so many levels as Nike Girl is just flabbergasted that her mom cursed, we turned left and headed south. And surprise, there are two police cars flying into the intersection followed by another ambulance and turn to head straight east. I really don't have anything to say.ummm....
We make it to the doctor, looking like we had just rolled out of bed, which I think we had, to find out everyone has strep. Thanks to my intuition and the relentless fevers, we finally land some antibiotics. Driving to the pharmacy, I was digging in my purse to find the prescription, when I realized my wallet was missing. Not just any wallet, but ol' faithful, the wallet I have had for several, several seasons. Faded but functional, out of date but broken in, ugly, ok, I will give you that one. So I march into the doctor's office, still sporting bed hair, and ask if anyone had found my wallet. I was asked to describe it, so I blurted out "It is ugly blue.".The front desk lady ,who must of been an ex-DMV employee, looks at me with a blank stare, reaches under her desk and pulls out ol' faithful. It was dirtier than I remember but heck no one looks good in flourescent lighting, I simply said thank you and quickly exited. It was like trying on shoes at a department store and realizing you have holes in your socks. When I feel better I am going wallet shopping.
So there you have it. I guess it was kind of a comical and manic Monday. We rest tonight and are thankful that the girls are feeling a little better, Converse can't talk, but I can, so much to be thankful for.... Hope your Monday was fabulous.

Peace,
The "New Balance" Girl

Running Report: Where do I start? I have been running mid distances of 5-7 miles at least once a weekend. And continue with my weekly runs of 2-4 miles 3-4 times a week. I continue to do the Shred level 2. Definitely not training yet. Kind of bummed as Chicago is full. I was thinking about doing that one but I couldn't decide, now it is too late.  I have decided to committ to a fall marthon. Which one will it be? One thing is for sure I personally will not carb load the night before the race at an indoor arcade.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness...you almost had my head spinning as you were telling me your Manic Monday stories. ha ha...I'm sorry you guys have been sick. Get better soon!

    ReplyDelete