5.18.2010

A Physical Therapist's Daughter

For two days now, Weebok and I have met Nike Girl for lunch at school. She gets to invite two friends to eat at the parent table. Yesterday she had two little guys join us, neither are in her class. One had a broken left arm with a yellow cast and one had a sling and white cast on his right arm. She asked them a million questions. Today she invited two new friends to lunch, neither in her current class. One had a walking cast with a sprained ankle and the other had a broken arm. Again, she was full of questions. It makes me wonder who will join us for lunch tomorrow. She helped each one with a broken arm open their milk and put the straws in. She even threw their trash away. I just hope she doesn't think it is totally cool and climbs a little higher up in the tree or zips a little too fast down her zipline. If she does, rest assured,  Nike Girl already has crutches and an arm sling she saved up for and bought with her own allowance. What will this child grow up to be?  For now I guess she is just a physical therapist's daughter.

Peace.
The "New Balance" Gal


Running Report: Started speedwork today, Yasso's 800's. Hoping to improve my speed over the miles. My first ever running buddy just qualified for Boston! YAHOO! Weebok and I went for a jog this morning. Halfway through I realized the stroller had a flat tire. No wonder it was hurting so bad to push the blasted thing up hill. I thought it was from all the dessert I ate on the trip. We will just blame it on the tire. 

2 comments: