2.23.2010

We're Raptors Yo Yo We're Raptors

Ever get stuck on a song and repeat it aimlessly and without direction while doing laundry, mopping the floor, driving to work, waiting in line at the grocery store, I could go on and on.......Well, you'd think I could at least get stuck on a song that had meaning. But no, no I am on day 4 of repeating "We're Raptors Yo Yo We're Raptors".
Nike Girl has a Spring Musical (I find the word spring a little misleading since tonight it is suppose to be 6 degrees people!) next week and will be performing a rap song about dinosaurs. She has one song and one line to memorize. She is going to be prepared ,well ,sort of.....she still has to look the part.
Why, oh why did I not pay attention in 8th grade Home Ec class? I mean I loved the cooking section because we got to eat. Food is simple, heat it up, cool it down, eat. But the sewing, that was out of my league. I found coordinating the gas pedal while it ate my fabric with a piercing needle only millimeters from my fingers, to be dangerous, very dangerous. But now I am regretting my cowardly avoidance. I have been asked by the music department to make Nike Girl a dinosaur tail and head. I am serious!
To make matters worse, Nike Girl is terrified of dinosaurs. She "hates" them and lets everyone know this fact. This all stemmed from her GeeGee and Grampy taking her to a 3D Imax theatre about dinosaurs when she was 4. Great learning experience right? She closed her eyes most of the time and would peek once in awhile until the T-Rex jumped out at the audience making everyone scream and then turned around and ...remember I can't possibly make this up......it turned around and poo'ed! And in 21st Century 3-D technology, the poo appeared to fly out and get all over the audience! We lost her at that point and to this day almost 3 years later she is finally getting over the flyin' poo.
So , yo, if anyone is out there following this blog please wish us luck. Break a leg. Don't sew your fingers together. Anyone have a used Barney suit from Halloween? Yo, Yo We're Raptors.....

Peace.
The "New Balance" Gal

Running Report: It snowed , and is still flurring, and had minus zero wind chills. Ran 3 on Sat. in hopes of goin' long after church on Sunday. Also went ice skating at a new outdoor rink that was having a Kids Olympic Games. Fun Fun. Sunday I was goin' 6-8 on the treadmill. At 4 on Sunday I just couldn't go anymore. The squirrels weren't even in the trees playing. I was depressed.  So I also did the Shred again while Weebok wanted a pony ride during the push-ups. That was added difficulty. Highlight of the weekend: Weebok told her big sissy "I Love You" and kissed her. She hasn't said it again. Priceless.

6 comments:

  1. You are so funny...you have a great way of writing...Too bad we don't live closer together. I sew and could help you. :) I bet you'll do just fine...maybe you could find an older lady at church to sew it for you? Just a thought...

    The poo story is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I mop the floors, non-stop.It is white tile ya know. What were the people who built the foyer and kitchen thinking?

    Oh, hi-d...I am jealous! There is so many things I would love to learn to sew. Thanks for the idea of summoning help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comment on my blog. I LOVE your sense of humor! You are an excellent writer and I bet your kids are darling! Oh, and by the way, 40 is YOUNG!!!

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for stopping by! I love your blog,too, it makes me smile. We are also lucky like your daughter to have our parents involved in our childrens lives.
    40 is young...I will repeat that while clicking my heels together three times. :)
    Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate it when I get a stupid song stuck in my head. I woke up this morning singing "Get Ready to Wiggle", and I can't seem to shake it. Great blog!

    ReplyDelete