11.27.2010

Always Read the Fine Print

Nike Girl gets lots of papers sent home from school. So many papers in fact, it is difficult to keep them all straight. Some have deadlines, others are keepers and still others are trashed when no one is looking. The paper stating basketball camp for 1.5 hours looked like something Nike Girl would enjoy. So Converse and I discussed it and decided if she wanted to go then we would fork out the cash and let her go have some fun. Meet new friends while shooting some hoops.
The camp day arrived and I reread the brochure to get the address. In fine print at the very very bottom it states benefits boys booster club. I think what about the girls? I quickly scan to the top of the page and it states in larger print, actually bold 24 point or maybe even 36 point font, Boys Basketball Camp.
Yes, I sent my daughter to an all boys basketball camp. The local high school coach saw us walk in and quickly walked over. I explained to him the mistake and he graciously said, "If she is not scared of boys let her stay and play some ball." Well Nike Girl is not scared of stinky boys as she calls them now. She jumped in and shot some hoops with the boys. She would run over to me periodically and say, " I can't believe my mother signed me up for an all boys camp!" I can dear. I seriously can.
Moral of the story, read the fine print and if you get a chance you might want to read the bold print called the Heading.
Peace.
The "New Balance" Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment